Warren by Foot
The Mansion House, Fourth Avenue in
Warren PA. Originally it was the
Lumberman's Bank, a short-lived business
that helped establish legal precedent for
corporate law in a decision by the early U.S.
The Mansion House is directly across the street from the
Warren County Court House.
The 1834 structure has since been turned into elegant
residences, which counted among its inhabitants Judge
Allison Wade, who presided in the court across the street.
He was murdered in the courtroom by a distraught
husband on Jan. 13, 1954. Guns are no longer allowed in
© Allegheny Almanac. All rights reserved.
Copyright 2005-2017 by Allegheny Almanac and
AlleghenyAlmanac.com, unless otherwise noted. Reproduction or
re-use by any means, including publication, electronic
dissemination, or for online access in altered or partial form
without the expressed permission of the publisher is prohibited
by law. For permissions, use this page or message the editor at
world wide warren.
Webmaster and About This Web Site.
From Warren PA