Welcome to
An Allegheny Almanac
Tap or Click on images
Warren by Foot
Join us on Facebook at World Wide Warren
Pictured above is an architectural detail of the
Conewango Club.

Located at Second Avenue and Market Street, it was
organized in 1896.

About The Conewango Club
With an exquisite interior and elegant dining,
it serves as our Forum where residents
receive dignitaries, politicians, experts,
funerals, and weddings. Membership to the
men's club has been extended to women.
Welcome to our City!

In 1792 General William Irvine purchased
the first land here for 15 Pounds. His
descendants donated Crescent Park on
which Warren General Hospital is built.
© Allegheny Almanac. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2005-2017 by Allegheny Almanac and  
AlleghenyAlmanac.com, unless otherwise noted. Reproduction or
re-use by any means, including publication, electronic
dissemination, or for online access in altered or partial form
without the expressed permission of the publisher is prohibited
by law. For permissions, use
this page or message the editor at
world wide warren.



Webmaster and About This Web Site.





From
Warren PA
Originally a part of the Iroquois Nation this land was
annexed by treaty as a result of The Revolutionary
War. President George Washington assigned Irvine
the task to settle this area after he successfully
ended a tax revolt downstream on the Allegheny
River in Pittsburgh. Warren was originally called
Conewango as noted on French maps dating back to
1740.
Prior to Irvine's purchase this had been part of the
United States' donation lands which were established
to pay back wages to members of the Continental
Army for their service in The Revolutionary War.
Tap or Click on
photos to see more